Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wrapping up 2013!


Well another year is in the books. 2013 ended fantastically and we had a wonderful Christmas celebrating with the Winters family in Castle Rock. Of course, Oma Joelle out did herself once again and cooked up LOTS of delicious treats as did GG Carol. Lets just say we were all very well fed!
The nights were spent talking, laughing, eating and playing by the warm fire inside. Sometimes it's so nice to get away because you can really relax. When you're a mother and you're at your own home there is ALWAYS something to be done. Laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, organizing, just managing! But when you visit family you're on relax mode because you're away from all that. PLUS, you have grandparents who are all about playing and doing everything with your children. So you have like 4 extra sets of hands! Needless to say it was a very nice time. Just what Christmas is supposed to be.
While in CR Ara learned that she REALLY likes talking on the phone. She can have a 30 minute conversation with anyone.... I'd really like to know what she is saying! It is now one of her favorite pastimes!
Here are some pictures of our fun trip.

Addie and Ara had a lot of fun playing! Too bad Ara is giving the "stink eye" here!!

Cousin love. 

Sweet suitcase and check out that awesome 12th man necklace!


Oma and her girls. 

HI! Can you believe Joelle sewed that jacket for Jessica?! It's beautiful. 

Love. 

Typical.

Even more TYPICAL. Thumb and lovey in tow. 

My Cindy Lou Who



LOVE these pictures of Ara dancing in her tap shoes with GG.

My tiny dancer. 

Go HAWKS! 

Christmas family photo

Cute, cute! 

She gives the best hugs

Ara's kitchen we made. Worked hard and happy with the result!

Ara was all outta smiles I guess. 




Uncle Freddy is a pretty darn good story teller. I think he speaks Ara's language too. 


Ara got to participate in the painting of salt dough ornaments. And quickly realized that its much more fun to paint our bellies.  

33 Weeks... Now add 3 MORE! Getting close!

One of the many crafts I made. This is a chalkboard window frame for my parents. 

Ara's room is DONE.  Never. Again. 

Done!

Craft #2 for Sawyers room.

Got to take a ride on the carousel after visiting Santa. 

Not sure what to think at first...

Jack loves Santa!

Whack!! Sorry Jack... :/ Sawyer may have a tough go at things... 

But she followed it up with a nice hug. :-)

Craft #3. Ara's silhouette. 

Me and my TWO kiddos!!!!!

Going to the barn on Christmas to feed the cows with Gpa. 




Playing with our new doll, Winnie. 

New sleeping bags! They're so adorable. 


Look! Lets shine the flash light directly in our eyes! (This toy was probably the favorite..)

NOT happy about meeting Santa! But it's a right of passage, right??


It was a little better with Mom sitting next to him. 
WOULD be cute but Santa looks like he may have had "something" on his brake. Haha.


I cant do an end of the year post with out reflecting on some of the highlights of our year.  I guess what really comes to mind is just watching Ara grow into her own person. We started the year off and she was still just a little baby. Now she is a full blown walking, talking little girl with her own personality and mind. She is an independent little woman who loves to help mom in the kitchen, play chase, eat bread- her favorite (who wouldn't?!?!), play, climb on everything and laugh. She is the BEST little girl in the world and I never knew I could feel so much LOVE for one person. She will never know. At least until she is a mother.  
Now as I sit here, I feel my sweet baby #2 moving and stretching in my belly. Finding out we were going to be blessed with another baby was another HUGE highlight. I remember praying in the springtime about wanting another baby. But also knowing that it may not be God's timing and that he may say no.  It took almost 3 years to get pregnant with Ara and I knew it was all in Gods hands. Yet, he chose to bless us again... And very quickly!! Just a few weeks later we found out I was expecting. Who knew it could be easy?!?!?
We are SO excited to meet Sawyer in just a few short weeks. We feel blessed beyond measure and my cup runneth over. 
See how she has GROWN?! Little baby.... Now a big girl...
New Years Eve 2012
Sweet little baby!


Silly girl. 
Crazy new years hair!


1 comment:

  1. So sweet, thanks for sharing Rach, can't wait to meet Sawyer!

    ReplyDelete