Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Final pregnancy thoughts.. Hmmm..

I feel like I really haven't  written too much about this pregnancy. So far, this blog has been primarily about Ara Belle, as she takes up about 90% of my day. Okay, well 100% of my day really revolves around her and her schedule. It really is inevitable that this pregnancy has flown by compared to Ara's. When I was pregnant with Ara it was ALL about the pregnancy. It pretty much occupied my every thought. At the time I was working a pretty stressful job and she was a welcomed distraction. Now, I feel like I don't have time to think about the pregnancy. Before I had this belly I would often think, "Oh ya, I'm pregnant" I can imagine how moms of multiple children feel!
This pregnancy has been relatively uneventful and as easy as I could ask for. I am blessed to have felt wonderful with Ara and for the most part, this pregnancy too. (Although, Jordan would say I have been much more moody this time around…) Whatever. A few weeks ago I had contractions and nausea. Which was terrible and scary. It gave me a glimpse of what its like for women who have hard pregnancies and I feel for them. ALL I wanted to do was sleep. I've had some pretty bad heartburn and headaches but nothing that couldn't be remedied.
I've also learned the value of walking. I remember growing up and hating going for walks. (Sorry mom). But my dear mom would always drag me along, as she is an avid walker. But now, I feel they are lovely and useful. A few weeks back I officially gave up running- it just hurt too bad. (I would be lying if I said I haven't ran a mile or two here and there since then but nothing consistent.) I have been walking and it's relaxing and provides exercise for both me and Frankie. Now, I have a feeling I will continue on the tradition of dragging Ara along for long walks and she'll learn eventually to love it. :-) I do look forward to going running again, post Sawyers arrival sometime.
My due date is 1/31/14 but I am wondering if I will go early like I did with Ara?? I am secretly, or not so secretly hoping for this week?? But I also want to be patient and not anxious. He will come when the time is right. For now, I'm feeling ready and prepared as I could be. Just excited to meet the little guy. I keep having thoughts of what it will be like to see Sawyer and Ara together and I always start to cry. My heart is going to melt into a big blob of emotional batter. I will be a mess. Jordan, be warned.
My sweet mom threw me a small "sprinkle" for Sawyer last weekend at our house and once again I was blown away by my friends and families generosity. Thank you so much to all those came and were so sweet to have given him and myself a gift. A special BIG thanks to my mom who made it so pretty and does so much for me. I am so thankful for my mom, so thankful for the relationship we have. I know it is not something that all people have. And a special thanks to my dear friend Amy who is also expecting!! I am SO excited to return the favor for her.
The shower really generated some excitement for myself to meet the new baby. Up until then I kind of felt like it's been a rush just to get everything done and get through the holidays. But we are ready and excited!

























You're next Amy!!!!











Last picture of Ara's sign… :-( Time to change. SAD and HAPPY. 

LOVE her face. First pony tail!







Beautiful nursery is DONE.  Cradle with the liner my mommy made all ready!



Notice how the boppy cover and crib sheet match? Thanks to my wonderful and talented MIL who sews me everything! 

1-??????????-2014

I very much know my daughter looks a lot like my husband. BUT, this grin is all Bertsch. Through and through. I think there are just a "few" pictures of me with the same grin. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment