So, here is my ideal year: 6 months summer, 3 months fall, 1 month winter, 1 month spring.
As you can see my summer months are heavily weighted. And here's why: It's warm. So, camping, lighter clothing, boating, gardening, berry picking, running in the sun and warmth, longer days, just seeing the sun are all things that make me happy and in general, living in Oregon only happen in the summer. I just love it all.
Also, I'm just overwhelmed with how happy I am and with how delighted I feel with my current stage of life. I don't want to bloat and I hope this does not come off that way. I just am really happy with what my life is right now. This is my blog, and I want to talk about it. I am nothing short of BLESSED than to be able to stay at home with Ara right now. I never thought I could be this happy? It is really all I've ever wanted is to be a mom and to spend my day with my girl and raise her. Most days are just the mundane, routine, days of living. Waking up, breakfast/play time, runnning, getting ready, nap time, playtime, fun activity, shopping/outing, making dinner, playtime with dad, bath time, bedtime, downtime, mom/dad bedtime, repeat. But I couldn't be more content.
I've always dreamed my life would turn out this way but if I'm being honest, I've had a lot of doubts along the way. Life has never been too hard for me. But I've had some hard-ish times? Don't know if I even feel comfortable saying that because I wouldn't change a thing. I guess the two bigger things that I struggled with are infertility and my ex- job. Which surprisingly are two things I feel like I haven't blogged about much. But if you know me at all you know that these were two very difficult things for me. But also two things I would never, ever, ever regret or change if I could
First of all my old job. All I can do is look back and laugh. Don't get me wrong I am SO THANKFUL for the people I was able to know and build relationships with and for all that it taught me. I took a lot from it, I grew into an adult there and learned a whole lot. But good grief, that place.
Second, infertility. I feel I could write a book on this and I didn't even suffer to the extent so many do. Obviously, my situation has a wonderful, the best possible outcome. But before that, I was sad. Feeling like everyone, EVERYONE was getting pregnant but me. People not trying, people trying, people in 'bad' situations, people in good situations, the lady down the street, the teenager at the coffee shop. (In reality this was far from the truth because once you go through not getting pregnant you learn how incredibly common it is.) But you also feel like you are so alone. And you can only take people asking you "so, when are you guys going to have kids" so many times! You really want to scream "WERE TRYING SO HARD AND IT JUST ISNT WORKING!" But, in reality it's an innocent question and most people don't know the half of it. Like I said I would not change a thing now, it's funny how you can grow close to God and have such peace through such tough trials.
And now, to be blessed yet again with a second baby. And so soon?! Wow. Never thought it would happen like that but God is just too good and loves to show his grace to me. All I can do is accept and be thankful. Which sometimes is hard for me.
Here are some pictures of our summer and I think it's easy to see why I will be sad to see it leave.
 |
| Baby "Deuce" 13 weeks 2 days and Ara photobombing |
 |
| YUM! |
 |
| Berry picking partner |
 |
| Reaping the benefits of picking berries in the morning- tired baby (notice the drool). |
 |
| Lincoln City beach trip with sweet Henry and Janelle |
 |
| Sand is entertaining! |
 |
| Smile! |
 |
| My favorite. |
 |
| The goofy girl doing what she does. Everything, EVERYTHING goes on her head. Blankets, towels, arm chair covers, dads shirts. She walks around bumping into everything because half the time she cant see where she's going. She looks like a nun and we call her Sister Mary Ara Belle. Halloween costume?! I gotta get on that. |
 |
| This time around dad came picking with us and Ara "helped"- er ate. |
Together we picked 23 more pounds of triple crown blackberries which we will be gladly be sharing with Grammie when we go to Idaho for Labor day.
 |
| Fun at Willamette Fruit Co. after picking. We rewarded ourselves with GIANT ice cream cones and marion berry muffins. |
 |
| My hubby may not buy me a lot of flowers but why would you when he can grow them like this??? |
No comments:
Post a Comment