Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Blackberry SMOOTHIES!

What do you do with all those blackberries?? Well so far I have made blackberry pie bars, cobbler, muffins and my personal favorite SMOOTHIES! If you know me at all you know that I am kind of a smoothie freak. I eat/drink them everyday for breakfast. My mom started making them for us in high school with berries, milk, vitamins, protein powder, etc.. And now the tradition has just continued. I think they are the best way to start my day- or tie with coffee. :-)
My concoction has evolved and become much more of a hodge podge of ingredients over the years. First I substituted milk for water to cut calories. Then decided to use Greek yogurt instead of protein powder (Greek yogurt has lots of protein, low cal and all the bacterial benefits of good yogurt). To that I add banana, frozen berries, ice, lots of spinach, a carrot or two, chia seed, emergenC, brewers yeast and a little fiber. Its delicious!! Its like my treat for the day but it is quite healthy. SO, I finally made Ara her first smoothie and she loved it! Made me proud. :-)




I also gave Ara her first pony this week. It didn't last long but I get an A for effort.


Yesterday I had the pleasure of taking Ara along with my neighbor girls to the park to play on the splash pad fountains. We met Shar, Georgia, Sam, Kim and Mia. The kiddos had a great time and I got a glimpse of what it would be like to have 3 kids! 3 girls! Your eyes are just constantly, CONSTANTLY scanning the playground! The older girls are so incredibly good with Ara though so it was actually really easy. They never let her out of their sight let alone her feet touch the ground! I had to remind them that Ara wanted to play too and to let her down once in awhile. they even accompanied me on a quick shopping trip and afterward I treated them to ice cream.  I think we all had a good time and would be happy to take them out again. 


This is what happens when you give a one year old her own yogurt tube. You cant really tell but she is COVERED in yogurt and her outfit/hair is completely crusted with it

Tuesday I got to hear baby Deuces heart beat and everything sounded great. It is so comforting to hear the little heart beat! At this stage I haven't felt the baby much and you always worry. I also scheduled my 20 week US where we will find out if it is a little He or She! Cant wait for that..!! Scheduled it on September 13, right before my birthday. Maybe we can do something fun to find out. Also, very nervous. Jordan wants a boy so bad... 

No comments:

Post a Comment