Pages

Thursday, July 27, 2017

TEN years?

As you can see this post was written LAST week. However, because of technical difficulties it would not upload. Better late than never! With any luck I'll get another post up soon.

It has been brought to my attention that my little old blog has been severely neglected. And I agree. What a better day to bring it back to life than my 10 year wedding anniversary? Which on some level doesn't even seem possible but when I think back to all the life that has happened in those 10 years it kinda, sorta makes sense.  3 years of Infertility, 4 houses, 5 jobs, 3 kids, 2 dogs are just a couple of numbers that sum up or marriage so far...
The past week or two I have been consumed with a sense of contentment with our family, well for the most part! We're not doing anything extravagant to celebrate and that is okay. I am beyond grateful for our 3 children. For our home that we get to enjoy and raise our family. For our health. It's easy to take these things for granted but we shouldn't. It's too easy for any number of these things to be taken away at any moment.
Ive wanted to write about the kids recently because it seems they have hit many new milestones. Ara is turning into such a brave, adventurous girly, girl. I was so proud to watch her pedal her non-training-wheel bike up our hill all by herself. Just this week she has decided to join me when I take Teddy running up and down our driveway early in the morning. She is swimming underwater, without hesitation at swim lessons, sprinting up to the big kids slide at the water park. She's so much more brave than me! How is she my daughter? Just lucky I guess.
Sawyer is also changing so much. While he still teeters on the more timid side of things he certainly will not stand to be left behind his big sis. Currently encouraging him to try harder, run faster instead of giving up and crying... (I feel ya some days, Sawyer.) He's probably the most complimentary child Ive ever known as well. "Mommy, I like your nails, I like your hair, it's so shiny.... Mommy, I like your face... I like your dress.." And my personal fave, "Mommy! I love your nose." Thank you Sawyer. Oddly enough my nose is often the one thing I feel most self conscious about! God bless him for making his momma feel pretty. :-)
Piper is no longer my little baby. Well not true. She will always be my baby but she is acting more and more like an eager toddler. Which I cant help but compare her to her big sis. Pretty brave and not afraid to test the boundaries. She's also developing quite the little 'tude! "No! MINE!" Seem to be some of the favorite words these days... But along with that A LOT of sweet precious words as well. I'm even starting to hear a few sentences. And from our pictures you will see she is OBSESSED with Teddy! I hear "Ahhhhhh PUUUUUPPPY! I wuv yew!" No less than 100X per day. It's heart melting for sure.
And since its been 3-4 months since my last post its going to be a long one. Sorry in advance.


First year of T ball in the books! 

The time one of Ara's class mates got to ride in a firetruck to school and all the kids got to tour the truck. Oh, and PJ day! We love Sunshine school. 

YAY for beautiful weather. And grass. And grass. 

Garden planting! 



Las day of school. 


Mmm licorice. 

Sawyer is dabbing?

Mommy's helper. I regularly have to remind myself that she is 5. In this picture she was still 4. 

Cones! 

Sometimes they act like the love each other. 

I gave Ara free range of the kitchen to cook dinner. Salad, cheese stick and yogurt. What's not to like??

TBaller

YIKES. Now there's a happy baby. 

Our precious Teddy!! 


We love him. 


<3





This BIG girl!!! 

Mommy/son date with our church bowling. Sawyer LOVED it. He was adorable. Yelling, cheering, jumping every time he hit a pin. 


Are was awarded 'Best Attitude' by her coach at Tball awards. I am SO proud of her. She really is gifted with a positive attitude and excitement for life! 

Uncle Shads house was a blast! 

Cousins and popsicles. 


Family reunion time. 

Mmmmmmm Ranch dip. 

Annnnd more food. 

Piper just really likes to eat. And we like to watch her eat! 

Grandma and grandpas house in Meridian. I will always hold a special spot in my heart for this place. 

The oldest. 

Just a little stunning. #viewfromthetop And not to get too deep but doesnt it make you wonder what heaven and the new earth will look like someday?!

Typical 

The "fruits" of our labor. 

Pre-birthday pedicures with my oldest girl. 

1 vs. 5. Don't blink. 

Birthday girl pancakes! #5
With a photo bomber... a cute one! 

Fireworks. What a fun birthday to have! 


Tea party! 

Treasure hunting tea party! Hidden clue #2. 

Mission accomplished. 


Fireworks by the fire pit. 


This summer we've played hard and stayed up late. It's starting to wear on my kids and I've recently been finding them in some interesting sleeping spots. Exhibit 1, bathroom floor. 

Had to capture all 3 in the tub... these days of them all fitting are numbered. 

In our house, "Who's grown the most" is a pretty big competition. Our kids will ask to get measured daily. After meals, even. Like the one meal they just ate made them grow 2 full inches! LOL 

"I'm big like Batma'am, Mom!" 

Piper loves to stand against the measuring stick just like the big kids. 

Playhouse pictures. 

Getting there. 

Piper just really, really loves her puppy! 




"You're love makes me BRAVE!"

Sports camp gets two thumbs up. 


Helping dad build the climbing wall. 

Two crazy guys. 

Hours of entertainment. 

Are is rocking her swim lessons! It has been so fun to see her really improve and be able to swim more unassisted. 

After our day 1 disaster (kicking, crying and literally 30 minutes of screaming in the pool) Sawyer has improved too! He's been a trooper. 

And we get to hang out and watch brother and sis swim! How cute is she?!?!



1st day of Pre-K vs. last



No comments:

Post a Comment