This morning at my mom group we talked about surrender. And I think that word needs to be my mantra for the year. First and foremost to surrender to the Lord. His way, not mine! Surrender to the idea that I can control everything, anything. Surrender to the fact that my kids will misbehave, have accidents, argue, wake up early from a nap (like the littlest one is doing as we speak!) etc... All those things that can be a bit frustrating. And A LOT frustrating! An incredible thing happens when you surrender. You let yourself off the hook, you can have peace and joy because it's not all about ME. Gasp. Its not all on my shoulders. Surrendering to Gods will and plans gets rid of all my expectations I put on myself and my family. And when I let go of all the unmet expectations I get to experience the JOY of all the incredible blessings the Lord has given to me. Like, the sweet, tiny giggles from a one year old who woke up too early from her nap. :-)
Okay, thats my little rant and a piece of my heart that is getting shared on the blog. Oh, and its good to be needy! Ask for HELP when we need it. Why is it so difficult to ask for help???!!!
Pictures from the past 2 months will help jog my memory of what exactly we have been up to! Because I can't recall one darn thing at the moment. LOL
 |
| This is what 9 hours in the car looks like!! Idaho or bust! |
 |
| Forever grateful for these family photos! |
 |
| Heartbreaker. This kid!! |
LOVE this smile!!
Baby blues!
 |
| Laundry! My kids like to "cannon ball" into piles of clean laundry... |
 |
| Thankful to be her mommy! |
 |
| Terrible turkey trot! |
 |
| Family nap I guess... I didn't get the memo. |
 |
| Christmas tree time! |
 |
| I love Addies face! |
 |
| All 6! |
 |
| Too cool for school |
 |
| Sweeties! |
Rollin'
 |
| Shop dance party! |
 |
| Just love the way babies sleep! |
 |
| Christmas baking! |
Christmas lights!
 |
| Story book lane! |
Monsters!
 |
| "Sawyer what would you like? I dunno know." |
 |
| The "real" santa! |
 |
| All three sleeping in the car, in the driveway... I sat inside the car for a long time! |
Piper is ONE!
 |
| The kids also helped decorate a cake |
Kids singing at church!
This sweet boy in green held a timid Sawyers hand during the whole performance. So sweet.
 |
| Cousin Mikayla! |
 |
| Just a little caramel corn.. |
 |
| Piper was not pleased with the singing. Sawyer on the other hand was very excited! |
 |
| Taylor family |
 |
| Excellent snack choices after grocery shopping. Banana and bell pepper. |
 |
| I can't help it! He has a big sister... |
 |
| Snow!! |
 |
| Mini olaf |
 |
| Snowsuit circa 1984 |
 |
| Piper enjoyed her real birthday much better! |
 |
| So much sugar! |
 |
| Birthday babe! ONE! |
 |
| I always find him in the weirdest nap positions |
 |
| Keizer lights! |
 |
| Lash Boost anyone?! |
 |
| Cookie decorating at a brave friends house with the kids! |
 |
| Christmas swinging! |
 |
| Ara really wanted Piper to join her for the picnic in the living room! |
 |
| Me and my goof ball! |
 |
| Christmas eve Jenga! |
 |
| Jordan made diabetic milk shakes... |
 |
| These two had to sleep next to each other on Christmas eve! Sawyer kept saying he was scared. When I asked why he said "Santa claus!" I think we had told him santa was coming into our house and it really freaked him out! |
 |
| Favorite gift?! Junk cereal! |
 |
| Special PJ's from Oma! |
 |
| Looking at the stars! |
 |
| Snow cuties! |
 |
| Our big Olaf! |
 |
| Cheese balls |
 |
| This one loves doggies! |
All snuggled up
 |
| Hopefully she stayed warm! |
I swear she was saying "popcorn!"
Pie face!!
NYE fireworks!!
sweet friends!
All day every day... Life with a moving baby
Dream board! So cheesy but I love it!
All. Day.
School concert
pJ party!
This girl....
Me and my boy. Go Hawks! :-/
Ara was giving me a foot massage and I told her to "put your back into it!"...
Just a morning smoothie and some poker... Doesn't everyone else do that with their children at breakfast?? Helps with counting.
 |
| For the first time EVER she asked for braids! |
Beauty Belle
Cupcakes!!
Who are these two?! They look so carefree. January marks FOURTEEN years together. HOLY COW. This is not possible. What-the-what? We've grown up together, created a family and a life. So much LOVE. Thank you, God.
No comments:
Post a Comment