Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Summertime and the livin' is easy-ish, or not.

Yes, it's summer. Life was supposed to slow down come June, correct? I thought so. Why is it so hard to slow down? We don't intentionally fill our days, weekends, months with busyness but it seems to come no matter what. The upside of this is many lovely memories.
This summer it's been all about our yard projects. So. Many. Irrigation, garden, fences (yes, multiple) grading, patio, retaining walls. Blah, blah, blah.
Other highlights include Ara turning 4, woohoo! Piper started crawling and broke her first tooth. Sawyer continues to test my every bit of patience with his two-year-old-ness. :-D However, this is also one of the most adorable ages. The "I love yous!" come frequently and so enthusiastically! It's amazingly innocent and precious. He really melts my heart. Well, they all do.
I end all days with zero patience left but simultaneously overwhelmed with love. Parenting is hard in so many ways I never expected but it's infinitely more lovely than I ever expected too.

We love our chubby Piper Mae!

A little one on one-ish time (baby sister tagged along) with this boy while big sister was at sports camp.

Ara LOVED sports camp! Such a blessing. 

Happy 9 year anniversary! 

Obligatory gooey sundae from Dockside

This. THIS IS WHY MY FLOORS ARE SO DIRTY. ALL. THE. TIME. Cant we just plant grass already?!
And why do we have to roll in the dirt? Literally, rolling and lying down in the dirt. 

Our routine. Work in the garden. Put kids to bed. Dig trenches, glue pipe, fill trenches, pick rocks. 

Ready to pour patio! 

All boy! This kid has completely come out of his shell this summer. LOVES  the water, swimming, etc. He is fearless and enthusiastic!

"Just gimme that food, Mom! I can do it myself, you know. " She literally grabbed this from my hands. 

I was going to say cheap entertainment for my kids. But that would be a FAT lie. Very expensive entertainment. Watching concrete being poured.

<3



"Mom, let me take your picture!"

First swing!

This girl. Love her so. Growing up too fast. She is the best sister. The best. 

Summertime family sundaes! 

Again, with the dirt. And no clothes. = Messy house. 

Family campout on the patio! Sawyer asked to go inside when it was time to sleep but Ara lasted all night!

We played basketball until 9pm in our PJ's

And rode bikes

#2 & #3, 7 months old, eating blackberries. "Once I was seven months old..." Sorry. 

Birthday potato sack race! Sam dominated. 

Buddies

Her faces...!! 


Birthday girl!



Little fish in CDA Lake

My boys

I was beyond thrilled that Sawyer was so happy to swim in the lake this year!

And thank God for dads. They're the ones signing up to swim with the kids when it's too cold for me!

Ice cream trip with Grandpa

"Cheers!!" Our favorite spot for "rotten candy" ice cream


Why wouldn't you cheers your ice cream?!

I love everything about this picture. The girls. 



The girl babies. Hadley and Piper


All day, every day. 


Too cool, B!


Big catch with Uncle Shad and Grandpa


My cowgirl

Peppa Pig cake!




Fourth of July parade in Stayton. It's really, really hard to keep clothes on Sawyer. Also, how do you teach a boy it's okay to "go" outside at home but not in public?!

Love that smile. 


Birthday sparklers



New haircut smile! 


Baby toes


Such brave kids. They loved jumping off the boat into the lake. "CANDY BALL!" (As Byron would say!) 

Idaho was such a great trip! Fun memories- Sawyer would swim until he turned purple!  

No comments:

Post a Comment