I've been sitting here staring at my screen for about 5 minutes wondering what I should write. Maybe this means I should keep it blank. Just share pictures? However, I need to force my brain to remember sweet, funny, interesting, frustrating things about my children so that one day I may look back and once again remember my children as small.
Sawyer, is altogether a different boy than he was, say, two months ago. He no longer is the little guy timidly hanging on to my leg staring up at my with those big baby blues saying, "Up!" Rather he is the crazy, independent 2.5 year old bolting for the playground or eagerly running into the deep end of the lake. Which is always fun when you constantly have a 6 month old strapped to your chest and are simultaneously keeping your not-quite-four-year-old in the corner of your eye. Because you know, she is only four. And you have to keep reminding yourself of this because compared to two and 6 months you feel like she might as well be ten. Sorry Ara. Ever day I am reminded about how much I love the two year age and I really dislike it. Love: Their sweet, sweet voices and half baby, half toddler talk, they still take naps, they still will fall asleep in your arms if they're tired enough, they still have moments that remind you that they are still a little "babyish". Dislike: THEY DONT LISTEN. LIKE AT ALL, they still think throwing food on the floor is an appropriate response when they don't like something, getting them to try something new is like asking them to drink a jar full of chicken fat and fall down, crying tantrums because you asked them to put on shoes to go to the store.
Ara has changed a little since Piper arrived as well. She can't quite decide if she wants to be a big girl or not. She certainly has become more cuddly and wants to be carried. I think she just really needs reassurance that she's still my little girl too. I try to remind her as often as I can that she was my first baby. I wasn't a mommy at all until I had her. On the other hand, she cannot wait to start school. She insists that she'll be riding the school bus all by herself. (Sorry to disappoint that I will be taking you every day). She thinks that she can basically mother Piper all on her own. "Mom! I will get her by myself, do not come in her room, okay?!" Umm, no. "Let me carry Piper to her car seat." Yikes. Basically, it's so sweet though. To hear her speak to her is the cutest ever, too. "OHHHHH, sweeeeetie! Shush, shush, shush!" My heart melts.
Piper is changing into such a sweet girl, no longer a little baby. But has a personality all her own. She loves to eat food, yay for food! She loves to jump and ADORES all interaction with her siblings. I always think of how sweet it is when she lights up around me but then I see the way she looks at Ara and Sawyer when they play with her and I can tell she loves them the best. I can see it all on her face. (You know Im the one who feeds you Piper, right??) :-)
It is so good to write of kids and babies thriving. Happy and healthy. What a blessing. God is so good, all the time.
Jordan and I are also working hard on our yard. We have our work cut out for us but by the end of the summer we hope that the outside is looking much different. So far we have graded the yard, built a retaining wall, replaced fence (with wonderful help!) and planted a garden. Hope to have patio poured, pergola built, garden fenced, irrigation installed, grass planted and house painted by the end of the summer. All sounds so good on paper... Oh, did I mention we have a 4 year old, 2 year old and 6 month old?
 |
| I love our church and their children's programs! |
 |
| Thanks SFB! |
 |
| Waffles with Sawyer |
 |
| Cute baby chics at Wilco! *Maybe* next year we can take some home! |
 |
| Ducks too! |
 |
| The boy needs a stick everywhere we go!! |
 |
| Yummy food! |
 |
| I really do not know where this kid gets her faces and poses. This is what I get when I say "smile!" |
 |
| Planting our garden with Dad |
 |
| Thumbs up. I can hear him saying "Cuuuul" |
 |
| GG's work weekend. Oma and the boys |
 |
| Still fell asleep on me. <3 |
 |
| The girls |
 |
| All the cousins. They played so well! |
 |
| This. Kid. He did this about 3 times a day for 3 days. Did I mention the not listening?! He'd crawl in the baby bouncer and get stuck. Everytime. And then two seconds later, "MOMMEEYA!" |
 |
| (Jessica, I posted this one just for you! See what I mean about the face?! Every family has one... LOL) |
 |
| Building our scarecrow. Gpa Lewis |
 |
| And there he is. Not a bird in sight. |
 |
| Strawberry picking with friends |
 |
| Ara loves the gorilla at Guetners gardens. Sawyer is positively freaked out by him. |
 |
| Sometimes they love each other. |
 |
| Pooped. |
 |
| Strawberry picking at Olsons. You get to ride their Gators which is pretty fun! |
 |
| Berries for days |
 |
| Beach babies! |
 |
| Lake Coeur'd'alene |
 |
| Ice cream with cousins! |
 |
| Piper approves |
 |
| Gram pushing all 3 kiddos |
 |
| Crafts at Grams |
 |
| What a fun Grandpa who takes the kids fishing and out to ice cream. Ara had "rotton candy" |
 |
| "Here chickeeee!" Hadley and Sawyer |
 |
| Happy all the time. In her sleeper that was sewn by her Great, Great Aunt Kareen. |
 |
| Sawyer and Oma |
 |
| Oma and Gpa were so awesome to bring their tractor all the way down to Salem to help us with our fence!! |
 |
| Thank the Good Lord for happy babies!! |
 |
| We had such a fun day the Salem Public Works Day! |
 |
| "I will carry her Mom!" |
 |
| Me and my girls. Piper looks worried. |
 |
Ara taking care of her babies.
"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you PEACE." Numbers 6:24-26
|
Welcome to the blogging world! I love your family! You will love reading these posts years from now!!
ReplyDelete