Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Party of 5

Of course I wanted to post about the latest and most recent member of the Winters clan.
Piper Mae arrived on December 15 at 5:23PM. Weighing 7.6 oz and 20 1/4" long. I would also like to mention just how consistent the weight of my children were: Ara Belle, 7.5lbs, Sawyer, 7.6lbs. You'd think I planned it, or had anything to do with it. Funny coincidence I guess?!
I was quite nervous to be induced, heard horror stories of complications but was also reminded by my own mother that she was induced with me. It was perfect timing, my doctor was on call, mom was here to watch the kids and it was my parents 36th(??) wedding anniversary.
Pitocin started at 9am and continued with out much activity until 3pm. Jordan, Mom and I were playing games, watching TV and enjoying ourselves. This being my third labor I knew this was not labor!!! I was way too comfortable. After my doctor seeing my smile at him in the hallway during a walk he met me in the room- telling me I was way too happy! I agreed. I was also feeling annoyed with nothing really happening. He broke my water with me being dilated at a 3, fully effaced. Within the hour I was feeling "it". Yes, this was labor and contractions were hurting. Yay! I was going to have a baby afterall. At 4:30ish, I was ready for that epidural. Exactly by the time it was in and helping I told my nurse, "I think the baby is coming out." "Okay lets check you." She said. (My previous check I was at a 3). "Yup, you're at a 10 and +3, we'd better get the doctor here right now." This must have been after 5pm. I pushed twice? and she was here. Perfect and lovely.
So my labor was slow at first and FAST at the end. I was thankful that I was only in any real pain for about 2 hours. What's more is that my mom was able to be present for labor and delivery. What an unexpected blessing. I had been praying and praying that timing and child care would all work out and the Lord answered above and beyond what we had asked. My inlaws were able to come down that day and watch Ara and Sawyer so my mom could be there. Thank you!! This is one of those times thank you isn't enough.
We are almost a month out from Pipers birth and I don't want to down play the work and effort it takes to add another child to your family (if you are a mother, you know!!) But she really is such a wonderful baby. Transition has been easy peasy. I 100% think, and my husband agrees that going from 2-3 has been a lot easier than 1-2. Ara and Sawyer are adjusting well, differently, but well. Ara treats Piper as her own dolly, loves to feed, kiss and smother her. Sawyer loves his baby sister too and shows great concern whenever she cries, rushing over to her saying "oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no!" He's more jealous of my time with the baby but seems to be enjoying his daddy time more and more. :-) Ara continues to make me laugh with all of her crazy questions "Mommy, how is our house made? How is the car made? How is Frankie made? How did God make people? I need my own house. MOM! I'm so sad it's not Christmas anymore. Is it at least Halloween?" And the list goes on and on and ON. I wish I could remember it all. So funny. Sawyer is not just saying "No." It's always "NO WAY!" Okay, then. And whenever you take something away or eat a bite off his plate (probably just a mom thing??) He says "HEY!?" In his sweet voice. It's pretty cute.
Last week Joelle had written in an email that it is so neat we get to experience all these fun stages with our kids at once. It's true. They all are at such fun, sweet stages in their lives. And all different.
Blessed beyond measure to be able to witness them at once and to be their Mom.






Christmas cuties

Last ever picture as a family of 4

39+ weeks and ready!


CHEESE

Christmas concert 2015 "C'mon ring those bells.." Ara is still singing that song!!




Morning of my induction. Sawyers last moment of being my smallest baby. 

Labor is over! Happy face. 

New baby bliss



First bath

The. BEST. 



Ara meets baby sis




Sawyer meets new baby sis



One of my favorites





Once a year, Christmas junk cereal 

Santa delivered with the Frozen microphone

Sawyer could really care less about presents. He was VERY please with the Lucky Charms


Cousin snuggles

GG with Piper on Christmas

The big boys

Piper, Oma and Karson

Christmas crazies

Girls only sleepover



Sweet baby 3 weeks old


Welcome to the mad house, Piper. Seriously. 



When exactly did you get so big!? :-( 




Thank you Amy for these precious pictures!! <3



Santa baby

Again. The mad house. 



Three swaddled babies

Girls selfie



Love those baby arms. 

Love. 

Daddy meets baby girl 

GG




Christmas baby

Everyone meets Santa. I had to sit so Sawyer would go. Ara and Santa are BFF's. 

All the cousins!


Ahhh, love this. 


Ara gave Piper her first bottle ever. She did so good! 

Haircut on our gils date

Corndogs by the fire on NYE

Ice storm 2016



"SEA-HAWKS"

"But Mom, I just wanted to write my name!!" 



1 comment:

  1. Your kids are adorable! I would love to see Ara and meet the little two! You are such a sweet mama. Please come visit me next time u come to town!xoxo Lacey

    ReplyDelete