Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Not enough words...

Do you ever have so much to say or so many feelings that there just aren't enough words? Or, to even try wouldn't do it justice so you don't even try? I'm probably making zero sense. But, that's how I feel about my life right now. OR, maybe it's been so long since my last post and I know there has been one million things that have happened but I'm having a really hard time recalling just what our family has done over the past six weeks. Yes. I think that is the case.
The kids are great. All growing and changing each day, month. They all come with different challenges and difficulties but right alongside those is just this gigantic pot of love I have for them. Sometimes at night after they go to bed I think about what I did wrong in my day. I yelled. I ignored. I was impatient. But then God also brings to mind the good things. I encouraged. I held. I taught. I LOVED. And that's what it is for all of us. I am never perfect and neither are they. I am so grateful for a relationship with the Lord that teaches me in a gentle, loving way. He is so incredibly patient with me. My goal each day is to parent more and more in the way that God parents me... Easier said than done.
I will try to remember and write at least one thing about each child... Yikes.
Ara Belle, this girl is brave. Yesterday after ballet, the kids wanted to play in the church gym. There were a couple of 7/8 year old boys playing basketball. Having zero fear, Ara asked to play with them. Understandably annoyed the boys said "no", and brushed her off. My Ara would not have that nonsense. She insisted on playing, running up and down the court, getting in their face, making her presence KNOWN. I caught her even shaking a finger at them and putting hands on hips. They paid her no attention. She just kept playing. She is so much more courages and fearless than I could ever be. I am so in awe that she is my girl. If this ins't a testament to God... I am such a weenie. I would have said, "okay" and ran home and cried to my mommy. In fact, I know I still do this! Actually on second thought, I would have been to scared to even ask.
Sawyer, last week at Bible study was able to join the adults in the sanctuary for songs and prayer before we were dismissed for group. We sang a few songs that were familiar to the kids as they sing them each week. Ara was very distracted, wanting to color on the tithing envelopes.  But Sawyer was singing right along, each word. I had never heard him sing these songs before, it was the sweetest. I wanted to listen to him sing all morning. It's times like these that make it all totally worth it. It's hard taking all three to Bible study, it's hard to do a "good" job parenting. But then you get periodic glimpses that things are sinking in and sticking and you just smile. The song goes something like "Good morning God, this is your day, I am your child, show me your way."
Piper, what can I say.... dream baby. The good Lord showed mercy on me with her! He saw that she was my third in 3.5 years and gave me a good eater, good sleeper, happy, content little girl. PTL.
She's all smiles when you talk or read to her, she also does this very cute thing with her hand and rubs it alongside her head when she's eating. But anything little babies do is precious, right? They can do no wrong. And the same is true for this little one.
I don't say these wonderful words about my wonderful kids to paint an inaccurate picture. Because believe me we have our days. We just had one yesterday. Accident after accident after accident. (I will NOT miss potty training! We literally went through every single pair of underwear Sawyer owned) And then nasty, soaked toilet paper everywhere in the bathroom because Sawyer wanted to play in the toilet while I showered. I walked into the playroom where Ara had dumped her entire basket of hair stuff everywhere. I will be vacuuming tiny hair bands for months. Ara's attitude for days when I give her the wrong color lollipop!? Or I tell her, "yes, we must wear pants today." Non negotiable. Good grief. But mostly when I'm old, err older I will remember the good. And even this "hard" stuff will be looked back on fondly.


Big brother

Piper all bundled for our walk, she was very excited

<3


So handsome

Happy #2 Sawyer! 


This was the "before" picture- spelling my own child's name incorrectly #momfail

Pooped birthday boy


When it's your birthday you get funfetti pancakes with whip cream


Handsome boy!


We were able to spend Sawyers real birthday at the park- I think he was pleased!


Oh. This day. Coffee grounds everywhere. EVERYWHERE. He just looks guilty. 

This girl loves her tractor. 


My husband gets an A+. Taking the kids to the Gilbert House with some great friends while I attended the IF gathering. 

Our 63 degree day at the beach in February. The BEST. 


When you picnic on the beach you also get to chug Coke. 

Sand angels. 

Me and my babes. 

There is nothing like holding a baby to make you feel like all is right. She relaxes me. 

This is why grandparents are the best. Cocoa by the fire with cousins at Oma's and Gpa's. 

Oma needs a bigger chair I think...

Cousins

Smiley girl

Right?? Real life. 

This girl loves to "help" in practically every way.  Washing dishes... generally it just means more work for me but I know how much it means to her to contribute. Thankful for her heart to help!

This just has to make you smile. 

See what I mean about the pants?? Are LOVES to wear dresses 24/7 but refuses to wear pants, even outside playing. 

Trying to improve our batting average. 

Beauty 


Resurrection garden. Its only had to be replanted 3 times due to Sawyers digging.... We'll see if it actually sprouts! 

Self portrait 

It is February, right?! 

Lovely morning where the full moon was setting just as the sun was rising. 

Birthday fun- we had a full house of family to celebrate with Sawyer! 






No comments:

Post a Comment