I have the a strong want to write about our beloved dog Frankenstein. He passed away on Friday at our house, very unexpectedly. The vet called over the weekend informing us that he had, had a cancerous tumor that caused his spleen to burst. Essentially, he died in his sleep with out pain, she said. It was devastating to find him in my yard, lifeless. Then to have to explain this to Ara and see the sheer sadness come over her face and her big hazel eyes fill with tears.
But, this is not what I want to remember about our sweet gentle giant Frank! He was our child when we had none. He was the best companion, running buddy, older brother to our kids and just a good dog. We love him. We miss him. I keep thinking I will see him in our backyard. Ara still thinks he will come home, calling for him when we go outside. It feels like the end of an "era". He was the last piece of Jordan and I, that was, from the beginning of our married relationship. He has seen us grow up. He went from a very energetic and playful pup to much more relaxed playmate for our kids to tug and hang on. Going through pictures, cheers me up. He was the best, and these pictures make me laugh. I post them to remember him and the blessing he was to us!
 |
| Sorry. Just sorry. |
 |
| THE. BEST. EVER. |
 |
| A lover of the Slam Jams. |
 |
| Cash and Frank |
 |
| I miss my runny buddy. Your were the best. |
 |
| Pals? |
 |
| Stealer of the cucumbers. |
 |
| Squirrel! |
 |
| Did I mention what a good dog you were?? Sorry, again. |
 |
| We were ALL so young once. |
 |
| Frank and Riley at the farm. |
 |
| He always had a green thumb. |
 |
| Thanksgiving 2011 |
 |
| You're going to be a big bro! |
 |
| Running buddies. Thanks for not sleeping on the job... |
 |
| <3 |
 |
| I'll just dump this smoothie on you. |
 |
| Love these. |
 |
| Studs. |
 |
| That Frankie, was always shooting' hoops in his spare time. |
 |
| Play date! Peytie and Frankie |
 |
| My all time fave. It represents so much. |
 |
| Thank you Justin and Nicole for this perfect collage! So many fun memories. |
Oh, I'm so sorry to read this. :( One of my biggest fears (which, of course, will inevitably come to fruition) is our 7 year old chocolate lab passing away. Dogs are the best companions for kids and grown ups alike -- yours was obviously very loved! I hope you're all able to find some peace in his passing as you move forward. <3 <3
ReplyDelete