Looks like my last update was 2 months and 1 day ago. Oops. I wish I had the discipline to really keep up this blog like I would like to, but the truth is, it's hard. Ha. It's hard to get anytime to sit at my computer and write, reflect and decompress. Any "downtime" seems to be used as catch up time and the daily house hold chores. There seems to always be something pertinent to be done. Oh, and sleep. There's that.
But, even an every two month blog post is better than no blog post. With the start of fall so has come the start of many new activities. Oh, yes. And I turned 31, my mom turned 60. Wouldn't it be neat if in 31 more years I could say, "I turned 62 and my mom turned 91!" We could be old(ish) together. :-)
Our kids are crazy, fun, sweet, growing, never a dull moment. I can only anticipate what our new baby sister will bring! Our life is FULL. While most days I feel overwhelmed and tired by the daily grind, my heart is overflowing with joy and love for my little family. I'm caught off guard right now with tears. How am I so blessed? How do I have everything I ever dreamed of and prayed for? I've literally asked this question over and over. Thank you Jesus.
I wish so bad I could remember all of the funny moments and conversations I have with little Ara. She is quite the talker and the story teller. Recently at the airport, Ara had to use the potty "right now!" we were still in our car in the long term parking so I set up our little kids porta potty in the back of the car. Just as she sat on the potty a giant airplane flew over head and with outstretched arms she yelled "WAIT FOR ME!!!"
Sawyer is as active as ever, following his big sister anywhere and everywhere. He loves to chase her around outside, climb up rocks, go to the barn. Wherever Ara is Sawyer is soon to follow. I love to hear him yell "AWWWA, AWWWA!" He must hear that from someone?? Hmm. I love to watch them play, surely they are best buds right now. Although, the writing is on the wall and I can see big sis get pretty annoyed sometimes with her little bro. Sorry Ara, get used to it?
Here is our life in pictures. (Which is not entirely fair to say. Here is the best part of our lives in pictures.) Not seen: tantrums, tears, hurt owies, hurt feelings, yelling, back talk, messes, well you get the picture!
 |
| Happy 31 to me! |
 |
| Making femur clay crafts for my birthday with the kids |
 |
| One sleeping semi-baby, one pretending to sleep non-baby |
 |
| Look at that concentration. Ara is the girliest tomboy, I've ever known. |
 |
| Cheesn' it up at Octoberfest. |
 |
| Cuties dancing |
 |
| Take a bad picture, Sawyer. I dare you. |
 |
| Haha. Poor baby. After a long day of travel to Idaho. Is this how you know they're no longer a baby? Their sleeping pictures aren't that cute anymore?! Sorry. I'm probably not supposed to say that. I LOVE YOU BABY GIRL! |
 |
| Checkers with gram. |
 |
| Grandpa knows a little bit about digging/excavating. |
 |
| Such a great helper. |
 |
| This girl loves to fish. |
 |
| Ara was quite successful in her fishing endeavors. |
 |
| He likes to "sleep" upside-down. :-/ |
 |
| Reeling it in!! |
 |
| Cousins |
 |
My beautiful mom! When I grow up, I want to be just like you.
It's not a party with out cake pops and birthday banner. |
 |
| The "babes" |
 |
| Goof balls |
 |
| Ara earned some wings! |
 |
| Real men clean in the kitchen. |
 |
| This is my backyard. We feel so blessed to live next to these beauties! |
 |
| When I attempted to organize baby clothes with the kids. Huge mistake! |
 |
| Baking cookies for Daddy |
 |
| The kids could spend hours in the field blowing the dandelions. |
 |
| One of the best parts of moving the kids into the same room. Every night Sawyer crawls into bed with his big sis. |
 |
| Kids room |
 |
| I'm worried our neighbors think I don't clothe my children. I swear when they go out, they have clothes. But somehow they come off. And here, for some reason Ara has on Saywers underwear? |
 |
| Jordan made me baklava cheesecake. Yes, you read that right!! |
 |
| Most of Ara's red riding hood costume, finished! |
 |
| BEAUTIFUL! Cousins. Thankful to capture their sweetness at such a young age. |
 |
| 31 and 27 weeks |
 |
| My baby ballerina |
 |
| Loving ballet! |
 |
| I will hear Ara repeat "plie (plee-a) and stretch" all day! |
 |
| Probably one of our last family pictures as a family of four. Welcome baby Piper! |
No comments:
Post a Comment