So. What I have learned in the past couple months is that God really, REALLY has a sense of humor. Let's just look at the facts.
1.) It was really difficult for us to get pregnant with Ara. It was hard. There were times when I thought that parenthood just wasn't going to happen for us. At least with bio kids.
2.) Sawyer was much easier but still required some medical intervention.
3.) We thought we were trying not to get pregnant. *MAYBE* We'd try in the fall. (Being pregnant during the summer just didn't sound like fun.
4.) As if, packing, selling our house, buying and renovating a new house, moving, all with two kids two and under wasn't enough- we managed to get pregnant again.
Jordan and I kept asking ourselves, how?! Why?! In our minds timing couldn't be worse. How will I ever take care of three kids, 3 years old and under? I though two was hard! Yet, thankfully God knows best and his plans are always perfect. And now that the initial shock has wore off we could not be more excited and thrilled. It will be so wonderful to hold and snuggle a new little squishy baby.
Because it was difficult for us to get pregnant once, people always said, "once you have one, you won't be able to stop!" Of course, I never believed them... Ha.
Our family is certainly feeling Gods blessing right now. We are LOVING our new home. Everyday I receive more and more confirmation that we are right where we need to be. We have 3 neighbors and they are all so incredibly nice. We feel more of a sense of community now than ever. Ara plays hard with our neighbor girls and loves to visit our neighbors horses and watch them ride. She has an open invitation to ride- which we need to take them up on! They basically told me too, that if Ara ever wants a pony that we can stable it there... (Time to work on dad!)
Both kids are doing well and growing up before my eyes. The conversations I have with Ara these days blow me away! Her faith and strong sense of self are such and encouragement. I have to record this recent conversation:
Ara: "What you going to do tonight?"
Me: "Well Mommy and daddy are going on a date and eat dinner."
A: "Ohhh, and daddy going to eat sammach and you going to eat salad?"
M: "Yes, maybe so."
A: "And afterward you and daddy going to get married! And kiss too!" (Lately she's been really interested in our wedding pictures and talking about marriage.)
M: "Well, daddy and I already got married. We're married."
A: "I got married too!!"
M: "You did??!! Who'd you get married to??"
A: "Jesus! And I wore my fancy shoes and my tutu and we spin and spin and dance!"
Ara: "What you going to do tonight?"
Me: "Well Mommy and daddy are going on a date and eat dinner."
A: "Ohhh, and daddy going to eat sammach and you going to eat salad?"
M: "Yes, maybe so."
A: "And afterward you and daddy going to get married! And kiss too!" (Lately she's been really interested in our wedding pictures and talking about marriage.)
M: "Well, daddy and I already got married. We're married."
A: "I got married too!!"
M: "You did??!! Who'd you get married to??"
A: "Jesus! And I wore my fancy shoes and my tutu and we spin and spin and dance!" :-)
Ever since we moved our kitty has been missing and she told me that she has been praying for kitty and that I should also pray for her too. I just love and appreciate her tender heart. I also desperately wish I could post videos here! I have a two minute video of Ara talking about how she catches those "nasty old gofers" with Daddy which is too funny for words! Another new favorite pastime at the new house. "Daddy *sticks* them so hard!" Apparently she calls shooting, sticking.
Sawyer is becoming less and less baby and more and more toddler too. He LOVES to read! He could sit on your lap and read all mooring. Which is such a stark contrast to Ara who cannot sit still for 5 seconds for the life of her! He also loves, dogs! All animals are dogs to him. He'll point to the cow, horse, chicken, cat and happily say "doggie!" So, naturally his favorite family member is probably Frankie. His favorite words are, "Up, all done, doggie, ARA!, daddy, momma and hi." I don't feel like Im taking as many pictures as I should but I think I actually have quite a few to share. :-)
This is how we end most of our days, stripped down, in the garage sink. Kids get so muddy! Have I mentioned how many rocks I find in the washer and dryer these days??!!
| Our new dinner table. Dad really needs to get on that picnic table... :-) |
| Sawyers dedication. <3 |
| Such a special Mothers Day. What an honor. How is this MY life? |
| Gram and the kids |
| At the goat farm! They were so cute and playful and cuddly!! |
![]() |
| Such a fun day. |
![]() |
| "Kids" and Dad (mostly dad and Gpa, I think) making me my awesome mothers day gift. Stones for the garden. Thank you! I couldn't think of a more precious gift. |
| Our week with dad traveling ended with a trip to Red Robin and Cold stone. Not going to lie, it was kinda tough. We need and love our dad! What a blessing he is! |
| What's more fun than blue ice cream?? |
![]() |
| So hard to see, but one of Aras new found activities is mowing with Dad. You can't tell, but she's wearing her ballerina dress and rain boots. I never met a more tom-boy-princess in my life. |
![]() |
| Almost 3 going on almost 13. |
| Nothing wrong with this. Thanks for the help! |
| To my loving husband... Thank you for putting up with me. #truelove |
| We eat a lot of s'more 'round here. Buddies. Ara has a serious shoe problem. |
![]() |
| Why wouldn't you wear your gold princess shoes with pink bows to dig in the dirt?? |
![]() |
| "Wait. I'm supposed to drink whats in the cup?" |
![]() |
| "It's so much more fun to feed frankie though" |
| Dear dad, we want this for our new yard. |
| And this. Love, Mom, Ara and Sawyer |
| Just really like this. |
| Ya, we eat a lot outside. Less cleanup!! |
![]() |
| Me and my buddy planting a few veggie pots. |
![]() |
| Our new play mates and baby-sitters Aka "Aras friends" Faith and Koy |
![]() |
| YUM. |
![]() |
| Apparently we need to do more watermelon on a stick.... |
![]() |
| Time to bust out the slide! |
| Happy birthday Brecken!! |
![]() |
| Were going to have a new BABY!! (Ara also says she has a baby in her belly too) |
| My babies holding the picture of the new baby. |






















No comments:
Post a Comment