Sawyer is at such a fun age. Still a baby but developing so much personality. Yesterday, at the grocery store, all I had to do was smile at him and it was the greatest thing ever. He acted like it was the best day of his life! Ara, on the other hand was "Mommy! I want, I want…, I want, I want, I need, Mommy! Mommy!!!!" If I had to hear "Mommy, I want" one more time I was going to have a conniption. There are days like this, the "twos" are no joke. I think God made two year olds to develop in us impatient adults, patience. One of the most frustrating and both comical things ever has to be watching or trying to get a two year old to eat. Oh man. I think I could write a book on this. They are either picking at it like a bird or shoving the entire plate in their mouth and then realizing they took way to much and gagging it out on their plate. A child at two is also learning to in force their will. "I want to do it" is something you hear 1 million times a day, in 1 million different ways. BUT, Ara is also so fun and loving in many different ways. I know she is going to be strong willed and independent but she is also a sweet and sensitive soul. She is so kind to her brother. Every morning, EVERY MORNING, she insists on getting Sawyer up and says "I wub you Sawyer!" "Have a good night sleep? Ya Buddy?" It's so cute. And she shows genuine care and concern for other children and especially babies. I've observed this first hand and think it's something fairly unique for a two year old.
I can hardly think back on the year and think of highlights. Everyday is a highlight because my family is healthy and God has been faithful to provide everything we need. Everyday.
Of course, there have been lows. No life is perfect. No marriage is perfect. No children are perfect. No perfect family. But I am thankful for a God who fills in the spaces where we fall short. In fact, I am grateful for these times. It shows me that He is strong, where I am weak. He is my rock when I waver. He rights wrongs and blesses the undeserving. I can only anticipate what 2015 will bring!
I am so grateful for friends and family who love us, unconditionally. Support us and pray for us. Thank you and we love you!
Sorry in advance for the lack of commentary on the photos. My bed is calling me.




































No comments:
Post a Comment