Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

December already??

Yes, how is it December already?! It just reminds me that it's nearly January, which is the month we will celebrate my little babies' first birthday! How is this even possible?! It really feels like maybe 4 months has passed since he was born, yet so much has changed. Thinking back to when Sawyer was born, Ara also seemed like such a baby. She has changed so much since then.  My kids are growing up so fast, right before my eyes. Yet, I know there are still small and I try to savor every. single. second.
As I write this blog post, I have so many thoughts and emotions about the past month.  I really don't even know where to begin. We moved. It was tough. Real tough. And not to say that I am unhappy about the move! It was so hard to say goodbye. I knew it would be difficult but when I really think about it, I still get emotional.  We really LOVED that house. We have GREAT memories there! But I know we moved because it was within Gods plan and he has wonderful things in store for us. I was also thinking, wouldn't it be so terrible if we had bad memories there? If it was easy to leave because we didn't like it and it brought up bad feelings. No, that wouldn't be good. My mom and I always say that it's difficult to leave one another and we miss each other because we live far away. But wouldn't it be so much worse if we didn't miss each other?! So, I am thankful that it was hard. AND, furthermore, because we have such great memories in the past I can only anticipate whats to come in the future for our family. That is a good thing from above! Okay, enough about that. Because I could write a book.
The new house is great. Its warm, cozy, clean and fits our family! I am so thankful for our new house and that we found it in time. We miss our hot tub, our big kitchen, the yard and a few other minor things but we love that our new fridge has crushed ice!! Whoop whoop!! :-) OH! AND most importantly, no more black floors!! I have all this extra time on my hands because I'm not hand mopping black floors constantly.
We moved relatively quickly, thanks to some awesome friends and mother in law. Unfortunately, Ara came down with pneumonia and Sawyer had an ear infection. That made a hairy situation worse. But looking back I can see Gods hand through it all and things could have been so much more severe. Everyone is well and settling in nice. Sawyer went through a period of waking up again but he's back on track and Ara now sleeps with her bunny night light from my childhood days at Grandma Bertsch's.
A few updates on the kids: Sawyer is taking steps unassisted, but nothing stable or consecutive. He has 7 teeth, he has been going swimming with Ara and I, he loves to eat and he's adorable. He loves to play with sister and anything she does is hilarious to him. I love seeing them play together, it's the best.
I love the way kids learn to put sentences together. For example, Me: Ara whatcha doing? Ara: Nothin' doin'. Singing Let It Go in the car: Hold it back, anymore can't. (Instead of "can't hold it back anymore)  It is so sweet. Or she says, I want to go with me! Instead of, I want to go with you!
She is obsessed with singing and dancing. I can't wait to do some dance lessons soon! Hopefully with the new year.
There is so much to be thankful of this year. I don't have words to describe how thankful I am for our family- immediate and extended. We are so blessed. They are truly the best and such a great support. For our health. Those two things are what I care about most. Thanksgiving was great with the Winters, so blessed to have such a wonderful place to visit and such an awesome family. Last year there were 2 precious kids, now 5. It was crazy, fun and full of life, laughter and love. How cheesy is that?! Good thing I love cheesy…. Especially because it's true!
Im sure more will come to mind as I go through more pictures…
How could you not take this picture?!

And this one!

It was a winter wonderland cutting down our tree. Or, picking one out, inside the dry shop.

Sawyer loves GG's Barkley. And so did Ara. 

Happy baby

Touchdown seahawks! 

Cutest. Babies. EVER. Seriously, oh, my, gosh. They could be triplets! But this is Sawyer with his twin cousins, 3 weeks apart. 

So fun watching the kids playing with the washer and dryer at Oma and Gpa's on Thanksgiving. 

CUTE! Too bad Ara had her eyes closed!

Uncle Fred "sneaking" treats. :-)


Cousin love. 

My Angel baby. 

Last picture ever in my old kitchen. 

I can hardly look at this picture. Ara sick with pneumonia, Sawyers ear infection and all of us leaving our home. 




The girls bellied up to the counter with mouthfuls of chocolate… Reminds me of someone else I know! (Ara, you come by it honestly. ) 

Playing on Thanksgiving


Washer and dryers are just so amazing!



The sweetest. 

Our thankful hands. 

The girls- It was COLD!

Two peas in a pod


This is as good as it gets as far as family pictures go these days!


LOVE. 

Ara couldn't resist getting a stink face in. 


Our tree in our new house! It looks very crooked here…!



Cookies for Santa! (This might be our Christmas card… :-))

Ara and Jack!

Oh, this happened on Halloween. Don't judge. Okay, judge. I would too. 


Superman and Wonder Woman 

Missed the 9 month post



A very adorable trip to Costco. They were being so good and cute together. It was a Christmas miracle!


Our new house! Dad even put a few lights on. 

We've started Elf on The Shelf. This is Elvis and Princess Anna eating breakfast together. Ara is very into it. So fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment