In a nutshell, if you want to know what I've been up to in the past month the title of this post says it all. The End.
But seriously, no one tells you before you become a mom that this is one of your job descriptions. And some days or in my case weeks, it's pretty bad. Before motherhood, one thinks "oh, of course I'll have to change poopy diapers. What's the big deal? You wipe and toss, nothing to it." Well yes that's part of it. But what you don't think could ever happen is that you get a baby that doesn't really go that often and then when he does go it's like a volcano of poop erupted all up his back and EVERYWHERE. We've thrown out 3-4 onsies now in the past month. And then on top of that you get a "potty trained" two year old with a sore tummy in a carseat. Ya, that was fun. Twice. Oh, did I mention she likes to rip off her diaper at nap time? I will spare the details but she had fun once she got up from her nap. I on the other hand spent the afternoon scrubbing her white wicker furniture with bleach and spraying carpet cleaner.
Basically all of these events were happening within days of each other. OH! Then the dog got diarrhea in the garage. Twice. If its not your kids, its your dog. SO, I'm really crossing my fingers that we're done with that phase… Ha.
Other things have happened in the past month, thankfully. :-) Ara turned 2, woohoo! We celebrated in Long Beach with family. It was a great time, lots of play time on the beach and a fabulous fireworks show, we had a great view from the infamous "tower". Looking forward to when Ara is actually old enough to stay awake for the fireworks on her birthday! We had cake, home made ice cream and lots of good food! I feel like a broken record but each month its so fun to hear all the new words and sentences she is learning! I love her little voice and she is a pretty polite little girl if I do say so myself. High five.
Sawyer also hit a miles stone by turning 6 months! 1/2 a year already?! He celebrated by growing TWO teeth. He has both bottom teeth and they both broke through the day after he turned 6 months. He had started waking up at night again, so we knew it wouldn't be long..
We've tried a lot of different food and he hates all of it. We've gotten past gaging most of the time but it still isn't anything he likes! This month there some pretty cute pictures to share.
 |
| Birthday s'more! |
 |
| So dainty |
 |
| My birthday girl. |
 |
| The cousins had a blast and are BFF's I'm sure |
 |
| Sorry, Gpa. Of course, I had to post this one! |
 |
| Making ice cream! |
 |
| So festive. |
 |
| Kind of a cute picture, I guess. |
 |
| Buzz! |
 |
| I LOVE this picture. So tired after too much birthday! |
 |
| My happy boy!! |
 |
| Opening birthday presents in our Belle princess dress. |
 |
| Precious. |
 |
| Cousins! |
 |
| We have to wear this dress right now! |
 |
| Flash back one year! |
 |
| Pure love. |
 |
| Camo hat? Check. Purple bumbo? Check. Super sweet shades? Check. Lets go to the river. |
 |
| The gushing gyser! Our awesome inflatable slide. Yes, I even got in on the action. It may have bottomed out slightly… |
 |
| Just give me a jar of pickled beans. I'll be fine. |
 |
| My helper in the kitchen. |
 |
| Today I stole mommy's mascara and wedding ring. How do I look? |
 |
| I need a new word for love. |
 |
| Karson giving a prretry good "mean mug" if I do say so myself. |
 |
| Looks like a pretty delicious thumb there Kade. |
 |
| Sawyer's "happy place" |
 |
| The GG. |
 |
| Ara ended up putting out her candle by licking it. Oops. |
 |
| "the tower" |
 |
| I love this picture!! |
 |
| Love them a whole lot. Beloved. |
 |
| Pretty beautiful place for a birthday party. Thank you Oma and Gpa. |
 |
| :-) |
 |
| Cool uncle Fwed. |
No comments:
Post a Comment