Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

A busy end to a splendid summer

August was a busy month for sure. I know it was busy but Im having a hard time remembering what we even did.
Significant things were: a family reunion at my parents house in Idaho where we got caught up with many family members we haven't seen in years, I ran Hood to Coast where I learned pumping in a van with 5 other people for 24+ hours sucks, we finally went to Enchanted Forest, visited the fair and a few other various activities that will come back to me as I post pictures..
The family reunion was so much fun. There were so many aunts/uncles/cousins we hadn't seen in years. However, it really seemed like we picked up right where we left off. It was so entertaining to watch all our kids and the next generation play together. It seemed like there were 100 kids 3 and under! It was a great time watching the kids and adults let lose on the dance floor with the DJ. What a BLAST. Even after all these years it seems that our family has a lot in common. We spent time, rafting, fishing, swimming, golfing, boating, eating and dancing. What a beautiful place to enjoy the great outdoors. North Idaho is so beautiful. I miss it all the time. Saturday night there was a delicious catered meal, the caterer hit the nail on the head, "It's beautiful, I wish I had a family like this." I wish everyone could have a family like ours too. Many do, many do not.
Hood to coast was an adventure for a couple different reasons. It was my first time leaving Sawyer overnight and both kids for TWO nights, TWO NIGHTS. What was I going to do with myself?!?!? Most moms would chose to catch up on much needed rest when getting a two night vacation from kids. Nope, not me. It was a night in a van with 5 others, running with very little sleep. However, it was so much fun. I loved it. It felt so good to do something for myself, by myself. I was proud that I did it and saw a glimpse of a life outside of kids. DO NOT confuse with this as something I long for by any means! But it was a good break that I think all moms need every once in awhile. Especially when you are a stay at home mom and opportunities to get out of the house are few and far between. I learned that you should never run a relay like this when you're nursing. I almost had a breakdown after my late night leg when our ice was melting and I thought all this milk I had worked so hard for would be wasted. Thankfully we found a gas station near by who was giving away free ice to HTCers! A big sorry and thank you to everyone in my van for putting up with me.
On to the kids. Sawyer is turning into to the most active little boy! Crawling and exploring all over, he is on the go and getting more and more brave all the time. He has even started climbing stairs and Ara's little chair. Which also means he's falling and starting to hurt himself… here we go again! He has also started enjoying food! I think he just doesn't like rice cereal. I kept trying to feed him this because I thought it would be one of the best things but he much prefers things like carrots, peas, potatoes, yams, berries, bananas, apple sauce, cherios, rice puffs and kix. He is such a little lover and happy boy, his smile and big bright eyes brighten every moment of my day and are a constant reminder of what a blessing he is and how God has favored me and my family for reasons I don't understand. Ara is an energetic, happy, passionate two year old. She tests and teaches me everyday! Man oh man. I pray literally everyday that God would give me patience, love and grace in my parenting. Yesterday we had a tantrum for the books. Yelling, kicking, screaming in a store. It was so fun!!!!!! HA. It would have been so easy to give in. To just buy her the stupid coloring book that cost $3.50. BUT, I'm trying to raise a polite, giving, patient non-entitled human being. Teaching a two year old that she cannot have every toy, game and book she sees in a world where she basically does have everything she could ever want and or need is HARD. Being a good parent is HARD. It is so true what my dad told me about parenting and is still the best advice I've ever received, "Whatever is the hardest thing to do, is usually the best thing to do." Nevertheless, I am so excited to see the wonderful, Godly leader Ara will become- I know he has great plans for her! I'm just trying to parent her the best way I can! She is so sweet most days, loves her brother to the moon and back and is a great mommy to all her little babies. She loves to make new friends and play with all kids and I am beyond fortunate and happy to be called her mom. I never knew the meaning of loving someone so much it physically hurts until I had her and her brother.

Chilling in the gushing gyser
"When in Rome.." or the fair
Jordan and Jordan JR

Nothin like a carrot straight from the ground


Swimsuit selfie

Onion eater

Watch out! Baby at the wheel!

"I caught you a  delicious bass"

Sticks and sand. North Idaho teething toys

Uncle Shad taking the kids for a ride



QT at the coast


Beach time fun!

The big ocean

Getting our face painted for the first time!

Enchanted forest 

12th man van at HTC


Run like a boss- Go nicole!

Why wouldn't you sleep on the splash pad?

These two are going to be trouble. Chance and Ara. 

She LOVED the rides at enchanted forest 

Driving all by herself

Farm chicks with Gpa

New hair selfie

Oh dear…

Not holding back on the elephant ear

Little climber



THE. BEST. EVER. 

Future spouses??

Dare devil



Just enjoying some blackberries


Family reunion fun

Cousins!


The hoop got some good use!





Dad and his siblings




Up to no good


Kind of a pretty setting… 


The whole family! 

Did I mention how much fun it is to watch a bunch of little kids dance?!



Shad and Jason dance fighting.




Ready to rock HTC

Here we go from the top of Mt. Hood


Ding!


Feeling good after a full 2 hours of sleep!

Ready, set go Becky!


The Portland run was really beautiful




No comments:

Post a Comment