This post will primarily be a post of pictures because I really can't even remember what has gone on in the past month until I look at pictures. Other than, Sawyer is 3 months old now and Ara is potty trained. Each day has trials and triumphs, hilarious and hard moments!
Sawyer is such a sweet pea of a baby. He is in full on baby mode, leaving his newborn-ness in the dust. Rolling over, giggling and cooing to communicate with us. It is SO precious. I just love seeing those first glimpses of interaction. He has beautiful blue eyes and such a pretty?? face. I don't know how else to describe it. :)
Ara prompted her own potty training due to her constantly ripping off her diaper. I was so beyond fed up with cleaning sheets, blankets etc.. daily, of pee. I wanted to wait until this summer but I just couldn't take it! It was nerve wreaking to go out in public for the first week but I was so surprised with how fast she picked it up. She no doubt has accidents still but given her age, I know its totally normal and I am so proud of her.
We still do a diaper at nap time (which gets taped on with masking tape due to recent "incidents") and at night time with her PJ's on backwards so she can't unzip them.
I wish I could remember all that goes on in one day but that just doesn't happen! Lately Ara has been saying: "Seriously?" (which is pretty hilarious but also comes with attitude!) It's always surprising when your toddler starts saying things, within context, that you say all the time without knowing it. Toddlers are little copy cats. Today she spilled her Kix cereal in the garage and Frankie started eating it up off the floor. Noticing that Frank doesn't eat with his hands, she decided that maybe she should put her face directly on the floor and eat cereal that way too… Thankfully Jordan had just mopped yesterday.
Again, I am so thankful for motherhood and the two little lives God has entrusted to me. They teach me more than I ever thought possible, make me laugh more than anyone or anything, and keep me on my knees!
 |
| Byron keeping it real in his super cool star shades. |
 |
| Sawyers first trip to Idaho |
 |
| These two got along just fine… :-) |
 |
| And now there is already one more! 4 grandkids, 2 years |
 |
| Whatcha doin' Ara? |
 |
| We were dying Easter eggs and it was MELT DOWN city. |
 |
| Hunting Easter eggs |
 |
| Happy Easter! |
 |
| Ara's peony tree. |
 |
| I don't always play basketball. But when I do, it's in my Easter dress. |
 |
| My little old man. |
 |
| Newport aquarium |
 |
| Ara's new bestie. |
 |
| OH YES! This brings back wonderful memories. Here is where Ara peed EVERYWHERE at the touch pool at the aquarium. I wasn't embarrassed at all. |
 |
| We had a lot of fun, despite our accident. :-) |
 |
| This ones just for you, Mom. |
 |
| Soaking up the sun. |
 |
| Crazy 88 degree day in Lincoln City in April! |
 |
| Who wouldn't wear their hello kitty purse while planting flowers? |
 |
| Happy birthday cousin Addie! |
 |
| Stink eye? I have no idea where she gets that from.. |
 |
| Ara discovers the "selfie" |
 |
| Our first french braids, thanks to Oma. |
 |
| Ara looks so old! |
 |
| This is what happens when I try to get work done in the morning. The house goes to complete shambles. |
 |
| Holding hands! |
 |
| Old man eagles nest had to go.. SR's first haircut |
 |
| Who's walking who, here?! |
 |
| Sweet pea. |
No comments:
Post a Comment