Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

2 month update

Well somehow Sawyer is 2 months old, as of last week. I am just amazed at how much both kids are growing and changing every month.
Sawyer is very generous with smiles, coos and even giggles? Or at least cooing emphatically which I interpret as baby giggles! It is so precious and sweet to see those first signs of interaction and reciprocated of love. What a sweet pea. He IS so sweet. And I didn't think I would say this about my boy but I call him my "blue eyed beauty" just like I did/do my Ara Belle. He's such a pretty baby! I can say that because I'm mom.
He is now 12lbs 8 oz and 23 inches. Shorter and a little chunkier that Ara was at this stage! He's in the 47% for weight and 39% for height. I think Ara was in like the 20% for weight and 90% for height at this age. He isn't rolling over yet but he seems to be grabbing on to things a lot and focusing on us a lot more. So curious at this age! He is also very much trying to suck on his hands and thumbs. In the meantime his pacifier is a much needed soother!
Ara is getting used to having little brother around and is still all over him. She loves to say "baby!" each morning and greet him with a big smile. Whenever he would cry she would say "uh ho, baby?!?!?" but now it's a casual, "it's okay." Seems like his newness is wearing off… :-) She has even started to say "Sy" (short for Sawyer, I don't think she can pronounce it yet and it comes off sounding like Si).
She is definitely adding more and more words and sentences to her vocab every week. Her favorite foods are TOAST! (which basically means anything with bread). Tonight we had grilled tuna sandwiches for dinner and she was in tears when I wouldn't let her have the bread before I toasted it. She doesn't mess around when it comes to her food. :-) She loves pickles, pronounced "kickle" any raw veggie (even raw onions! Thats my girl) with ranch and of course any type of cookie or cracker.
In general, adjusting to two kiddos has been great. I have been blessed with two precious kiddos who I love more than anything. They have taught me more than I ever thought possible. I just feel so full. Full of love, joy, happiness. It humbles me.
Of course, I have my days. There are days when I don't get a break and I feel like I'm barely keeping my head above water if I want to get everything "done". You know your a mom when as soon as you put the kids to bed you're cleaning, doing laundry, then going to the coffee shop to get some work done at 9pm, then going to the grocery store around 10pm, finally going to bed around 11:30pm-12am, then getting up at 1am again to feed the wee one. I constantly have the song "You're gonna miss this" by trace adkins playing in my head. Because one day, I know, I KNOW, I will miss this. But for now it is exhausting.
Today I was at Target literally laughing out loud at myself because there is so much I do I NEVER thought I would. Ara was almost yelling at me for water or milk, of course I didn't bring a sippy so I'm frantically running down the isles looking for a bottle of water or something for her to drink so she'll stop yelling, that I can later pay for. I found some mango coconut water. She starts guzzling it down, all over her shirt and the cart it goes. We're a mess and it's embarrassing. First having the yelling kid in Target, then appeasing her with a drink she doesn't know how to use fully and then being absolutely filthy in public. Ha. But as a mom, you know once you've made all that effort to get to Target- you have an agenda and cannot afford to leave on account of your moody toddler.  Parenting is a funny thing. Teaches you a lot about yourself. Thankfully, I was in good company. The only people at Target on a Thursday morning at 11am are stay at home moms with kids in their baskets.
Ara has recovered from her fall in the garage 100%. Sometimes, I am still having the images replay in my mind but I have had to pray for God to take those away. I am so thankful she is okay. The doctor said it is quite common for kids to pass out from trauma- looking back on the situation I know that Ara quit breathing because she was so hysterical. The best thing for her was to pass out, so that her brain could take over and get her breathing again. Just seeing her limp body in my arms made my whole life flash before my eyes. I thought I was loosing her. Ah. I really pray I don't ever have to think that's happening with any of my kids ever again. Terrible. All good memories from here on out, right?!
Just goes to show how resilient kids are. Tough little things. SO many things to look forward to. We are so anxious for summer and cannot wait to spend much of our days "OUTSIDE!!!!" as Ara would put it.


Ara and Daddy planting onions. YAY for spring. 


First weekend of spring was lovely!  


Have I mention Ara is an exhibitionist?


Sawyer was just as excited about the beautiful weather on the first day of spring. 



Friday night, Ara took a huge fall. Sunday night we were stuffing our faces with roasted marshmallows and doing just fine. :-)


Oma and Gpa visit.


So sweet. 

Even Gpa got into Frozen! I think I heard him singing "Let it Go" Ha. 

Baking cut out cookies!

Cheese!


"Mom, I got this, trust me…"


"See, I told you I got this."



Such a good helper. 

Pretty adorable. 

2 kids snuggling in lap= full heart. 




2 months!



Sweet smiles







It's always beautiful at Oma and Gpa's. 

Fun times around the campfire.

Twins plus Sawyer! 3 weeks apart. 


This picture just makes me laugh. 

Little trouble makers. 


Roasting mallows or char broiling mallows around the fire. YUM.
Such a beautiful place to come and spend time at.  

Addie and Ara had to pick every, single daffodil at Oma's house. 

"DONT EVER MESS WITH MY MARSHMALLOWS. EVER."



No comments:

Post a Comment