Yes life is crazy. Crazy good. I don't even know where to begin. I'll start with little sweet Sawyer. He is 6 weeks now and adjusting to the outside world nicely. He is a champion eater and weighs around 10lbs 12oz. He doesn't spit up much at all which is so nice! Ara spit up constantly which caused so much concern and a very slow weight gain. Probably why she was such a peanut. So far, Sawyer is giving every indication that he will be a big guy. He is sleeping anywhere from 3-7 hours at a time during the night. He's really only slept 7 hours one night but I am hopeful! Bedtime usually comes around 8pm and then first night time feeding around 11/11:30, then 3/3:30 and then 6/6:30. Daytime is anyones guess at this point! The onetime he slept 7 hours he skipped the 11pm feeding. It would be ideal if he wanted to skip the 3/3:30am feeding. Okay, Sawyer? :-)
He loves being swaddled with his arms tucked in tight. Smiles are coming more and more frequently which are just the BEST ever. He is so sweet and in general a happy baby. How did we luck out twice?! Why stop now… :-)
Ara loves her little brother so much. In the morning she wakes up asking "baby? baby?" She wants to hold him all. The. Time. I must watch her like a hawk, she likes to lay on top of him, hug him, shove his pacifier in his mouth, pat his head, pretty much she won't leave him alone. His naps are constantly being interrupted and is always getting startled by her "enthusiasm". One of her favorite things to say and do is pat his head gently and say "oh, nice" and then, whack! On top his head. Or poke his eyes out saying "eyes!" She also thinks he needs to brush his teeth. I love it when I'm driving around with them in the car seats and she will be laughing hysterically just looking at him. It makes me so excited when they can actually play together. It makes her very upset to see or hear him crying. As soon as he makes a peep, it's "uh-oh baby". For instance, this is a condensed version of one of our mornings (I'll add this was Jordan's first time traveling to Arizona and leaving me alone with both kids).
I went up to the laundry room to put clothes in the dryer, Sawyer started to cry downstairs, being gone just 2 minutes I came back downstairs to a scary scene. Ara standing stark naked in the pack n play with Sawyer trying to shove his pacifier in his face saying "uh-oh baby!" (Ara is now ripping off her diaper whenever she is wet or poopy- time to potty train?!) I had a mild panic attack, thankfully she hadn't done much damage to brother, at least that I could tell! So off we went back upstairs, kids in tow where I could keep an eye on everyone. Of course Ara raced upstairs ahead of me and came back down to greet us on the landing with a mouth full of brown who-knows-what saying "mmm num num!" I was so afraid it was cat poop, I immediately started to freak out and she began to spit it out and I realized it was just cat food. Oh good. So, that was a fun morning. Thought it was necessary to document it.
For the most part Ara is adjusting very well. She does have her moments when I can't give her the attention she is used to and she acts out. Hitting me and the baby has happened, unfortunately. But I know this is normal. Right??? She is so precious and it is hard for me at times to not be able to spend the time I used to but I know it is good for her.
Ara is talking SO much these days and it's pretty adorable. She loves to sing "ashes, ashes we all fall down!" Words she says are: nana, memo?, MOM!, dad, sockies, shoes, OUTSIDE??!!, coat, hat, baby!, snackie, YA!, no, watch, I don't know, toes, eyes, nose, mouth, slide, swing, icky. (Thats what I remember at the moment).
Summing up the past six weeks, I would have to say they have been busy, sleepless, entertaining and heartwarming. I have learned a lot about myself as well. In order for me to be happy, I need to be active. I enjoy attending my mom group, I was anxious to get back to bible study and leadership. I love taking Ara to the park and story time at the library. I think Ara is a happier girl too, when she gets interaction with other people and kids- she gets bored with boring old mom!
Running is not going so well. I have not figured out this piece yet..! Walking with the double stroller is great but I need to get some kind of program rolling soon. Our days fly by and if I don't wake up early to run, it doesn't happen. And since I'm not sleeping a whole lot- waking up before Sawyers 6am feeding at this point is laughable. But I know there is plenty of time for this.
All in all life is so great. I love being a mommy. There are very hard moments, days. Many tears have been shed by both me and Ara. But there is never one second that I would ever trade for anything. My mom has always said it best. Parenting is the hardest job you'll ever love, and it is so true. Sometimes it's so hard to know if you're doing things the right way or the best way but I will always know that God is so good. I am incredibly undeserving but I am so thankful for his perfect gifts everyday. What a privilege it is to raise these two children of God.
 |
| Never letting Sawyer sleep |
 |
| Boppy's make great pillows |
 |
| The big girl's |
 |
| Meeting the twins for the first time, Kade and Karson. All the "boys" together for the first time. |
 |
| Best friends?! |
 |
| Almost all the grand kid do's. Minus one Addie Rae |
 |
| Sister and brother |
 |
| Precious baby |
 |
| Super awesome sweater from cousin Sue! |
 |
| There were a few tears shed this day :-/ |
 |
| So peacful |
 |
| My big baby |
 |
| Meeting Grandpa for the first time! |
 |
| If looks could kill… |
 |
| Ara and her Grammy. They've shared a lot of good times together here recently. :-) |
 |
| Me and my babes. |
 |
| BLUE eyed boy |
 |
| Hooray for good weather and park days! |
 |
| Ara and Angelina- popcorn and a movie |
 |
| Mom jeans for kids. Those were mine when I was a wee one. |
 |
| Remember when ice cream could cure anything?! Remember when ice cream made you this happy?! Oh, wait. Yes. Yesterday. |
 |
| Slide! |
 |
| Sweet baby smiles at 3am. Only I get these. :-))))))))) |
 |
| Sawyer and GG. |
 |
| Cheese! So cute! |
 |
I think we'll keep him.
Sorry if there are grammatical errors or things don't make sense in this posting… it is now 12:35 am and I just finished nursing. Sleep is always the first to go when you have a long to do list. |
No comments:
Post a Comment