If you haven't already heard we took our first "real" vacation as a family. My sis in law, Jessica was married in beautiful Arizona. So this was the perfect opportunity to relax for a few days and spend some much needed time in the sun and soak up some much needed vitamin D. I have recently discovered a name for my kind, via Pinterest, I have heliophilia. A desire to be in sun and a love of the sunlight. Go ahead, see for your self: http://pinterest.com/pin/124482377172806211/
So, selfishly, when Jessica told me she would be getting married in Arizona in March I was ecstatic!! Being that November-April is for the most part dark, cloudy and rainy here in Oregon- I thought it was a great choice. :-)
We stayed with Oma and Gpa at their condo and spend most of our days at the pool and playing with cousin Addie. It was so fun to watch the girls play, by the end of the trip Addie was sharing very nicely with Ara and I can tell Ara is eager to do all the big girl things, just like Addie.
Ara had a few hard days because of teething. Her poor top gums felt like huge blisters. She has been waking up at night again.... :/ I am sure its from teething. But she was a trooper, I know it was tough for her to not feel good and have a weird schedule on top of that.
While in Arizona she started to stand for brief periods by herself. She will always topple over but she is learning how to be more balanced. And her walking with her walker is getting better and better. I know it's just a matter of time!!
Overall the trip was fun and relaxing and the wedding was beautiful. I am so happy for both Jessica and Andrew and was honored to spend their wedding with them. It also was a time of reflection of my wedding and how much my love for my family has grown. Jordan and I are so blessed to be Ara's parents and she makes my heart melt everyday. My cup runeth over. And over. And over.
We loved spending time with all extended family and friends, what a great group. Let's just say the dance floor was never empty.
 |
| On our way! |
 |
| Uncles with the bebies |
 |
| Too much pool! |
 |
| LOVE. |
 |
| Antie kisses |
 |
| Love this pic |
 |
| The fun aunt! |
 |
| So tired. Ha. |
 |
| This is a new face we are making.... |
 |
| My favorite family picture |
 |
| Next Michelle Wie? |
No comments:
Post a Comment