Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ara Belle Winters and too much birthday!

Nah... Just kidding! Can a 1 year old have too much birthday?! My answer is no.
We had an awesome 4th of July celebrating my babies birthday. There were so many friends and family that made the trek down to Salem to help us celebrate. Thank you so much to all who came!! We are humbled by the love shown by our awesome friends and family! We love you!
Jordan and I pretty much spent the entire day of and day before preparing. Cleaning, landscaping, decorating, cooking etc... Next year may be a little more low key but if you're going to go all out for a birthday, you should for the big 1 year.. right? I once read that the reason, traditionally, 1 year birthday's are a big deal is because in the "old days" if a baby lived until their first birthday it meant they were going to most likely live a long life. If a baby were to die then it would most likely be in that first year. So it was kind of a big deal. Nowadays, its much different but huge celebrations for 1 year olds have stuck. Although, I don't think my grandparents threw big parties for birthdays..??
Any who, looking back on Ara's first year, as I'm sure you all know every last second has been complete JOY. Okay, maybe not her falling off the changing table or eating my necklace but pretty much a joy. So much happens in one year and it goes by so fast. I'm happy to have this blog to look back on all the memories and SO EXCITED TO DO IT AGAIN WITH BABY #2 ON THE WAY!! I know everyone is different and everyone has their own experiences, but for me I could never just do this once. It is too good. God is too good. Yes, there are hard parts but the good parts far exceed the difficult.
When Ara had decided she was just too tired and ready for bed, she was so exhausted she let me rock her and cuddle her before bed. Which is rare. :-( It was so special. I was just reflecting that one year ago that day I was holding her, bonding with her, nursing her for the first time. She was so tiny. Now she has seemed to grow right before my eyes without me knowing it. And she is every bit as sweet and precious as she ever was then. I'm so excited and blessed to watch her grow through every stage of life. I hope she knows just how much I love her. But she probably wont until she has one of her own.
Thank you to my mom & dad who love me so unconditionally and sacrificed so much for me. A little mushy, but so true, I could have never known how much you love me until I became a mom. And I'm sorry for ever hurting you! God designed parenthood right. Becoming a parent yourself gives you so much understanding for your own parents.
Here are some pictures from Ara's birthday celebration!

Hours of entertainment. 



Teeny tiny Nikes!


Magazine worthy! What a good looking bunch.




MMMMMM!

Chillin' with my buddies. Idaho. 

Sam explaining all the elements to Ara's gift. Thank you Sam!!

So many presents and I just want the ribbon. 


Angelina and Daniella are so talented. They have choreographed routines and all! Maybe they will teach ara some day. 


Sliding down my new slide from Grammie and Grandpa B! Thanks for the assistance Aunt Jessica!


Ara is already done with posing for pictures... Oh and did you know that I am 10 months pregnant?

I had several pinterest projects that were actually a success. Painted ball jars were one of them. 





Ara and GG. 


Adorable neighbor girls, who are slightly obsessed with Ara. (In a really good way! They are the sweetest.)

BEST FACE EVER, RIGHT?!

Just give me a plastic spoon and some ice. I'm good. 




The watering trough. A HUGE hit with the kiddos. 

I make this look good. 


Matching tootsies.
Ara and her Grammie and Grandpa. She comes from good stock. :-)
Sweet second cousin, Mikayla. She is a DOLL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment