This past week Ara and I got in some serious car time with one another. It started on Monday driving to see my family in Idaho. Jordan was traveling to Arizona so I decided, "why not?" Better than being at home alone. My parents are building a new house in Harrison and have pretty much lived in their cabin on the same property for a few years now. So, rather than stopping in Rathdrum then going out there, I thought it was better to just drive straight through. Which adds about another hour to our commute. It's not that bad and its well worth it! So beautiful and peaceful!
We had a great trip spending quality time with Grammie, Grandpa and even was able to spend one evening with cousin Byron, Lisa and Harrison.
We left on Thursday another 8 hours home. Ara is such a good girl, and a trooper. Of course, she did get annoyed that we were in the car again for so long (she is human). But I really couldn't have asked her to do much better. And thanks to many prayers from Grammie and Grandpa she fell asleep most of the second half.
On Friday we headed up to Washington to visit Jordan's family and for Aunt Kareens memorial service. Leaving at 3:30, I hit MAJOR traffic. Woo hoo. What normally takes us 2 hours took 3.5.
Well we made it safe and sound which is all that really matters! It was fun to see many family members at the service and spend some time on the farm feeding Lefty and Paco.
All and all, by Sunday we had spent almost 22 hours in the car driving. What a week! :-)
Which got me thinking *if* (and it's a BIG FAT IF), we move we will only have to travel to see one side of the family. Therefore we might actually see the Winters/Jones clan MORE often because we will only need to travel half the time. Makes sense right?! Instead of traveling for both sides!! :-) I really am NOT complaining because we love to spend time with both of our families but right now I feel like we're constantly traveling to see both sides. Which is somewhat normal to me because we lived 6 & 8 hours away from both sides of my parents family. I have a new found respect for my parents because it's a lot of work, 1.) with kids and 2.) by yourself (since Jordan was in Arizona and Silverdale). Also, a shout out to all the single moms out there, or military moms, I couldn't do it. Especially with out family near by.
Here is our week in pictures!
OH! And Ara turns 1 next week????!!!! Not possible.




No comments:
Post a Comment