Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Happy two weeks! Two week's of firsts

Two weeks have gone by already?!?! No, you're supposed to stay a newborn forever! Ara, you are such a joy in every sense of the word. When it is 2:30am and I am beyond exhausted  and all you want to do is be awake and eat, there really is nothing more I'd rather do than stare at you and watch you eat. You are so precious. You love to squeeze my fingers as tight as possible while eating which for some reason is one of the most comforting things to me. 


These past two weeks have had many, many first for both of us! Like for instance, I now know what it's like to try to feed a newborn and go to the bathroom at the same time. I also know what it's like to get projectile pooped on. You've never seen mom and dad jump back so fast because of someone so small! Yup, we've done it all so far, the good the bad the ugly. From vomiting on yourself, on me on dad, taking long walks in the BOB, your first trip to Costco, Target, Life Source, the Saturday market and Guentners Gardens, screaming in the middle of the night and seeing you smile with your little dimple (even though you probably dont know what you're doing yet).  You love to suck on your hands like crazy! You are still finding your thumb and we're trying to hold off on the pacifier- maybe we can go with out it!
We bought a pink piony at the nursery in your honor. It is so delicate, soft, pure and feminine, just like you.  We will watch it grow as you grow.  Here are some pictures of your first two weeks of life at home.













1 comment:

  1. AWWWW! SHE IS SO SO SO SO SO PRECIOUS! I want to hold her again. You need to keep posting pictures! Can you add the "follow by email" option? It's in the settings part of the blog, under adding things. I WANT TO FOLLOW BY EMAIL! :-)

    ReplyDelete